Purchasing Manager – Competitive – Hauppauge, NY – Full-time, On-Site Position
We are looking for an experienced purchasing manager to join MTC Industries, a fast-growing raw ingredients supplier in the nutraceutical / pharmaceutical industry. Dual reporting to the General Manager and CEO, this position will lead all aspects of purchasing across multiple categories and product tiers. This person will help maintain key relationships with external vendor/suppliers as well as develop new relationships with new vendor/suppliers. The purchasing manager is a key role in the organization and will contribute highly to the company’s ongoing success and growth.
The ideal candidate is sharp, a quick learner, and takes ownership of its products and vendor relationships. She/he must be highly detailed-oriented and demonstrate an ability to adapt and respond in a highly dynamic and competitive environment. She/he must also demonstrate clear and effective communication, while maintaining discretion and professionalism. This position will work collaboratively across the entire organization and be the main point of contact for its products and vendor relationships.
- Lead all aspects of the purchasing process from vendor selection and qualification to the accurate and timely sourcing and delivery of products
- Maintain industry knowledge of market trends and conditions, responding to and anticipating current and future market conditions
- Effective negotiation of product price, quality, specifications, and terms and conditions for each product and order
- Maintain existing supplier/vendor relationships and develop and build new relationships with potential suppliers
- Collect QA/QC documents, samples, labeling and related information per customers’ requests and SOP requirements
- Create and maintain POs, vendor accounts, and material codes in SAP
- Qualify new manufacturers and new products under internal QA/QC system
- Provide shipment details and update changes in shipment information as required
- Collaborate across all departments of the organization to drive sales and growth
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor’s degree required. Chemistry major preferred
- Proven experience (3-5 years) as a purchasing manager or equivalent role
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with suppliers in a highly dynamic and competitive environment
- Knowledge of market trends and ingredient information and qualifications
- Demonstrate the highest level of work ethic and discretion given confidentiality of information
- High level of organization and attention to detail ensuring product accuracy and documentation compliance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team orientated and highly collaborative
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP
- Fluent in English and Chinese/Mandarin.
We offer a comprehensive benefit packaging including medical, dental, vision, and 401K with match.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
MTC Industries is a premier supplier of raw ingredients used in the manufacturing of Nutraceuticals, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, and OTC Products for some of the world’s largest manufacturers. We focus on diverse natural, organic and innovative ingredients. We are FDA registered and operate under cGMP certified guidelines. Science is our foundation. Quality is our Commitment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
dannyzhang866 发布于 2022-07-11T20:25:25Z